Bitcoin & Crypto & NFT News
I was using bitcointicker.co until it started getting a bit buggy (might just be Chrome) but I found (and for those that don't already know) that they allow a simple live ticker over Telnet. No fancy graphs or GUIs, just the simple price.
To use it, you must install Telnet (see below), and telnet to ticker.bitcointicker.co 10080
telnet ticker.bitcointicker.co 10080
To enable Telnet in Windows:
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, check the Telnet Client check box.
- Click OK. The system installs the appropriate files. This will take a few seconds to a minute.
Both OSX and Linux already have Telnet installed and ready to use.
I have increased the font in my client as well as default size is a bit small for the glances. Right click top bar > Properties > Font tab > Size.
I prefer to use this over websites/extensions due to its lightweight nature and haven't seen it bug out yet. Dynamically updates live price and shows green when it's liftoff and red when we're HODLing. Unfortunately due to it being telnet there is no customization to what is displayed (different currency/exchange etc).